Medical Definition of budesonide
: a synthetic anti-inflammatory glucocorticoid C25H34O6 used in the form of an inhalational aerosol or powder especially to treat asthma, in the form of a nasal spray to treat allergic rhinitis or to treat or prevent nasal polyps, or in capsule form taken by mouth to treat Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game