Medical Definition of bucket handle
: being an injury of internal body tissue that resembles the shape of the curved handle of a bucket a bucket handle meniscal tear [=a tear of the rim of the meniscus of the knee in which a portion of cartilage is displaced into the center of the joint] a bucket handle intestinal avulsion [=separation of a section of the intestine from the mesentery accompanied by loss of blood supply] a bucket handle fracture [=a fracture at the end of a long bone in the region of the metaphysis that occurs especially from a direct blow]
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game