bovine growth hormonenoun
Medical Definition of bovine growth hormone
1 : bovine somatotropin sense 1 —abbreviation bGH, BGH
2 : a genetically engineered form of bovine somatotropin that is injected into cows to stimulate milk production —abbreviation bGH, BGH
Note: The abbreviations rbGH and rBGH are also used to indicate the genetically engineered recombinant form.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game