bovine growth hormonenoun
Medical Definition of bovine growth hormone
1 : bovine somatotropin sense 1 —abbreviation bGH, BGH
2 : a genetically engineered form of bovine somatotropin that is injected into cows to stimulate milk production —abbreviation bGH, BGH
Note: The abbreviations rbGH and rBGH are also used to indicate the genetically engineered recombinant form.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game