Medical Definition of bortezomib
Note: Bortezomib inhibits the activity of proteolytic proteasomes, which results in an increased concentration of proteins in a cell. This buildup of proteins is thought to induce apoptosis in some types of cancer cells. Bortezomib is marketed under the trademark Velcade.Bortezomib induces apoptosis in a wide variety of cancer-cell lines and other transformed cells, yet it has relatively few toxic effects on normal cells.— Beverly S. Mitchell, The New England Journal of Medicine, 26 June 2003
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game