Medical Definition of bortezomib
Note: Bortezomib inhibits the activity of proteolytic proteasomes, which results in an increased concentration of proteins in a cell. This buildup of proteins is thought to induce apoptosis in some types of cancer cells. Bortezomib is marketed under the trademark Velcade.Bortezomib induces apoptosis in a wide variety of cancer-cell lines and other transformed cells, yet it has relatively few toxic effects on normal cells.— Beverly S. Mitchell, The New England Journal of Medicine, 26 June 2003
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game