Medical Definition of biomagnetism
1 : the generation of magnetic fields by living organisms : biomagnetic phenomena
2 : magnetic therapy … "biomagnetism"—is attracting believers with its apparent quick-fix healing properties. The medical and scientific communities, however, remain unsold.— Rene A. Guzman, The San Antonio Express-News, 8 Mar. 1999
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game