medical Definition of biohybrid
- The students are experimenting using a protein in spinach to create a biohybrid solar panel.
- —The Washington Examiner, 26 Apr. 2012
- They are designing biohybrid organs—live tissue enclosed in an artificial membrane—to replace the pancreas and other failing endocrine glands.
- —Robert Whitaker, The Times Union (Albany, New York), 12 Jan. 1994
- One project seeks to build “biohybrid” limbs, in which a prosthetic would be implanted in tissue and become an integral part of the patient.
- —William M. Welch, USA Today, 28 Feb. 2005