Medical Definition of bioadhesive
: tending to adhere to or cause adhesion in living tissue bioadhesive gels Encapsulating the drug in a bioadhesive polymer means that the capsule stays in the GI tract longer, allowing more drug molecules to diffuse from it and be absorbed through the intestinal walls.— Rebecca Rawls, Chemical & Engineering News, 31 Mar. 1997
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game