Medical Definition of biliopancreatic diversion
Note: By keeping ingested food separate from bile and digestive enzymes, a biliopancreatic diversion significantly reduces the intestinal area available for food digestion and nutrient absorption. A biliopancreatic diversion is often performed with another procedure that retains the stomach's pyloric sphincter and allows food to enter the first portion of the duodenum before diversion to the ileal section.
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?