Medical Definition of pyloric sphincter
: the circular fold of mucous membrane containing a ring of circularly disposed muscle fibers that closes the vertebrate pylorus
— called also pyloric valve
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?