Medical Definition of bigorexia
: muscle dysmorphia Most American men would do well to exercise more and improve their diets, but a small number … suffer from a condition psychiatrists call bigorexia, or muscle dysmorphia, in which they feel crippling shame and embarrassment about their perceived smallness.— Rebecca Keegan, The Los Angeles Times, 29 May 2011
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game