Medical Definition of bevacizumab
Note: Bevacizumab acts by binding to and inhibiting the activity of vascular endothelial growth factor, a protein that promotes the growth of new blood vessels which supply a spreading tumor. It is marketed under the trademark Avastin.
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game