Medical Definition of benztropine
: an anticholinergic drug administered in the form of its mesylate C21H25NO·CH4O3S especially to treat the symptoms of Parkinson's disease (as tremors, spasms, or muscle weakness) or similar symptoms caused as side effects of other drugs (as phenothiazine derivatives) … an anticholinergic agent, such as benztropine, that restores the balance between dopamine and acetylcholine and reestablishes the normal inhibitory outflow from the basal ganglia.— Raphael J. Leo and Simrita Singh
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game