Medical Definition of basolateral
: situated below and toward the side : located in or on the base and one or more sides Epithelia permit selective and regulated flux from apical to basolateral surfaces …— David B. Simon et al., Science, 2 July 1999
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game