Medical Definition of basolateral
: situated below and toward the side : located in or on the base and one or more sides Epithelia permit selective and regulated flux from apical to basolateral surfaces …— David B. Simon et al., Science, 2 July 1999
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game