Medical Definition of basisphenoid
(Entry 1 of 2)
: relating to or being the part of the base of the cranium that lies between the basioccipital and the presphenoid bones and that usually ossifies separately and becomes a part of the sphenoid bone only in the adult
Medical Definition of basisphenoid (Entry 2 of 2)
: the basisphenoid bone
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game