Medical Definition of axonal
: of, relating to, affecting, or taking place along an axon axonal growth diffuse axonal injury axonal transport of organelles They have struggled to identify the signals responsible for axonal guidance—for steering the tender and tentative axon of a young nerve cell through the pandemonium of the growing brain and over to its appropriate target.— Natalie Angier, The New York Times, 16 Aug. 1994
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game