medical Definition of axo-axonic
- … axo-axonic synaptic actions can increase the amount of transmitter released by the postsynaptic cell …
- —Eric R. Kandel et al., Principles of Neural Science, 4th edition, 2000
- We conclude that exposure to cocaine in utero disrupts the development of the axo-axonic cells in the prefrontal cortex …
- —Bret A. Morrow et al., The Journal of Neuroscience, 15 June 2003
- The paucity of axo-axonal contacts in mature taste buds suggests that axonal contacts are characteristic of axons which are in the process of establishing connections with receptor cells.
- —Bruce Oakley, in Mechanisms of Taste Transduction, 1993