Medical Definition of autoreactive
: produced by an organism and acting against its own cells or tissues It has been presumed that autoreactive B cells, like normal B cells, accumulate in the follicles of lymphoid tissues after encountering antigen and begin to proliferate, producing high-affinity autoantibodies and forming germinal centers.— Yang-Xin Fu and Ursula Storb, Science, 20 Sept. 2002
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?