medical Definition of atraumatic
- atraumatic sutures
- atraumatic grasping forceps
- The ultrasonic aspirator, which combines a vibrating head with suction to remove tissue, has made atraumatic removal of tumors from cranial nerves and important cortical areas possible.
- —Peter M. Black, The New England Journal of Medicine, 23 May 1991
- Based on her very low bone mass measurements, history of atraumatic fractures, and multiple other risk factors, she is at great risk for future fractures.
- —Susan L. Greenspan, The Journal of the American Medical Association, 28 Apr. 1999
- But these tears can occur without an acute injury, and we have found such atraumatic rotator cuff injuries increase … with advancing age …
- —Riley J. Williams, in Food & Fitness Advisor, July 2005