plural asynergias or asynergies
Medical Definition of asynergia
: lack of coordination (as of muscles) asynergia results in jerkiness, overaction and imperfect muscle control— C. H. Best & N. B. Taylor
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game