Medical Definition of asynclitism
: presentation of the fetal head during childbirth with the axis oriented obliquely to the axial planes of the pelvis Back pain or prolonged active labor is sometimes caused by a subtle malposition called asynclitism, in which the baby's head is tilted and the top of it isn't centered on the cervix. — Penny Simkin et al., Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn: The Complete Guide, 4th edition, 2010
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game