Medical Definition of aquagenic
: caused by water and especially by contact with water Aquagenic urticaria is a rash caused by contact with water. It is exceedingly rare.— Rebecca Coffey, Discover, May 2012 Aquagenic pruritus is recurrent, intense, diffuse itching upon getting out of a bath or shower, and although no one knows the mechanism, it's a symptom of polycythemia vera, a rare condition in which the body produces too many red blood cells.— Atul Gawande, The New Yorker, 30 June 2008
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Registering the Politics of 'Register'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/11/19
- Minding 'Never mind' and 'Nevermind'
- A Brief on 'Brief' and 'Debrief'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game