Medical Definition of apitherapy
: the use of substances produced by honeybees (such as venom, propolis, or honey) to treat various medical conditions Undaunted by warnings that the procedure is medically unproven … thousands of arthritis sufferers, multiple sclerosis patients and others rely on apitherapy for relief.— Holly Ramer, The Chicago Tribune, 6 June 1997
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game