Medical Definition of Apicomplexa
Note: The group Apicomplexa was proposed for use in place of Sporozoa because the infective stage (sporozoite) is not always contained within a spore. While Apicomplexa and Sporozoa are often considered synonymous, not every species in the group Sporozoa is included in Apicomplexa. One uniting feature of members of Apicomplexa is a specialized complex of organelles at the apex of the cell which facilitates penetration of a host cell during its infective stage.
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game