Medical Definition of aortopulmonary
: of, relating to, or joining the aorta and the pulmonary artery Our patient was a 12-year-old boy with pulmonary atresia and a ventricular septal defect who had had a central aortopulmonary shunt at the age of 11 days …— Philipp Bonhoeffer et al., The Lancet, 21 Oct. 2000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game