Medical Definition of aortic valve
: the semilunar valve separating the aorta from the left ventricle that prevents blood from flowing back into the left ventricle
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game