Medical Definition of aortic stenosis
: narrowing of the orifice of the aortic valve (as from calcium deposition or congenital heart defect) that is marked especially by fainting, chest pain, fatigue, shortness of breath, and heart palpitations
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game