variants: also anti-streptokinase
Medical Definition of antistreptokinase
: an antibody that acts against streptokinase —often used before antibody The prevalence of antistreptokinase antibodies in the general population and in patients presenting to the coronary care unit for the first time is unknown, and their potential to neutralise a standard dose of streptokinase has not been rigorously evaluated.— Maurice B. Buchalter et al., British Heart Journal, November 1992
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game