Medical Definition of antiprostaglandin
: a substance (such as aspirin or ibuprofen) that blocks the production of prostaglandin or inhibits its action in the body … they act as antiprostaglandins, preventing both the production of prostaglandins (PGs) and the binding of the PG to its receptor.— Robert L. Barbieri, Scientific American, October 2002 Others, specifically the antiprostaglandins, have been widely available for use in treating menstrual cramps only for the past 15 years …— Susan M. Lark, Menstrual Cramps Self-Help Book, 1999
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?