variants: also anti-mycobacterial
Medical Definition of antimycobacterial
: acting, used, or effective against mycobacteria antimycobacterial activity Interest in vitamin D declined with the development of specific antimycobacterial drugs, but in recent years further evidence has accumulated that this vitamin influences immunity to tuberculosis.— Richard Bellamy, The Lancet, 19 Feb. 2000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game