variants: or anti-atherogenic
Medical Definition of antiatherogenic
: preventing or inhibiting atherogenesis antiatherogenic effects There also was no clear evidence that beta carotene inhibits the oxidation of low-density lipoproteins, the principal proposed mechanism of its postulated antiatherogenic properties.— E. Robert Greenberg and Michael B. Sporn, The New England Journal of Medicine, 2 May 1996
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game