variants: or anti-atherogenic
Medical Definition of antiatherogenic
: preventing or inhibiting atherogenesis antiatherogenic effects There also was no clear evidence that beta carotene inhibits the oxidation of low-density lipoproteins, the principal proposed mechanism of its postulated antiatherogenic properties.— E. Robert Greenberg and Michael B. Sporn, The New England Journal of Medicine, 2 May 1996
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?