variants: or anti-apoptotic
Medical Definition of antiapoptotic
: inhibiting apoptosis Cancer results when cells grow faster and live longer than normal. Therefore increased activity of antiapoptotic proteins or decreased activity of proapoptotic proteins can contribute to the development of cancer.— Soren T. Eichhorst and Peter H. Krammer, The Lancet, 4 Aug. 2001
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game