variants: or anti-apoptotic
Medical Definition of antiapoptotic
: inhibiting apoptosis Cancer results when cells grow faster and live longer than normal. Therefore increased activity of antiapoptotic proteins or decreased activity of proapoptotic proteins can contribute to the development of cancer.— Soren T. Eichhorst and Peter H. Krammer, The Lancet, 4 Aug. 2001
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game