Medical Definition of anti-tetanus
: preventing or treating tetanus If, by some chance, one of your dogs does sustain a bite, treatment with antibiotics and an anti-tetanus shot may be advisable after thoroughly cleaning the bite.— Michael Fox, The Washington Post, 10 Sept. 2002
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game