anterior humeral circumflex arterynoun
variants: or anterior circumflex humeral artery
Medical Definition of anterior humeral circumflex artery
: an artery that branches from the axillary artery in the shoulder, curves around the front of the humerus, is distributed or gives off branches distributed especially to the shoulder joint, head of the humerus, biceps brachii, and deltoid muscle, and anastomoses with the posterior humeral circumflex artery — compare posterior humeral circumflex artery
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game