Medical Definition of annuloplasty
: surgical treatment of a ringlike anatomical part specifically : surgical repair of a heart valve that typically involves reducing the diameter of the valve's fibrous ring Severe tricuspid regurgitation should clearly be repaired because it has been widely demonstrated that annuloplasty provides excellent late results with little added morbidity. — Charles F. Schwartz et al., in Schwartz's Manual of Surgery, 2006
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game