Medical Definition of amyloidogenic
: producing or tending to produce amyloid deposits Amyloid deposits can be reabsorbed and organ dysfunction reversed if the synthesis of the amyloidogenic protein is shut down.— Giampaolo Merlini and Vittorio Bellotti, The New England Journal of Medicine, 7 Aug. 2003 amyloidogenic mutations
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game