Medical Definition of amygdalar
: of, relating to, or affecting the amygdala : amygdaloid Those who had been very shy as children had more amygdalar activity when looking at unfamiliar faces than adults who had been very outgoing.— Shannah Tharp-Taylor, The Chicago Tribune, 22 June 2003 For these reasons, further investigation of amygdalar processes in relation to the hippocampus and dreaming might help to clarify the neural underpinnings of episodic memory organization during sleep.— Tore A. Nielsen and Philippe Stenstrom, Nature, 27 Oct. 2005
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game