Medical Definition of alendronate
: a hydrated bisphosphonate sodium salt C4H12NNaO7P2·3H2O used to inhibit bone resorption especially in the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and Paget's disease of bone
— called also alendronate sodium— see fosamax
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game