acrodermatitis chronica atrophicansnoun
Medical Definition of acrodermatitis chronica atrophicans
: a chronic skin condition of the extremities that is a late manifestation of Lyme disease and is marked by bluish-red lesions and localized swelling followed months or years later by thin, dry, and wrinkled atrophied skin usually with ulcerations
Note: Acrodermatitis chronica atrophicans is typically associated with a species of spirochete of the genus Borrelia (B. afzelli) prevalent in European countries.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game