Medical Definition of achondroplastic
(Entry 1 of 2)
: relating to or affected with achondroplasia He is an achondroplastic dwarf, the most common kind, accounting for about 70 percent of all cases of dwarfism. — Katya Cengel, The Courier-Journal (Louisville, Kentucky), 25 Feb. 2008
Medical Definition of achondroplastic (Entry 2 of 2)
: an individual affected with achondroplasia And like other achondroplastics, he has a pronounced forehead, a nose somewhat flat at the bridge, and he walks bow-legged.— Ken Wolf, Newsday, 20 Apr. 1989
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?