Medical Definition of Spirurida
: an order of parasitic nematodes of the subclass Aphasmidia that are characterized by an esophagus divided into two cylinder-shaped regions and having six lips and no buccal stylet and that include various parasites (as the filarial worms) of vertebrates having complex life cycles requiring an invertebrate intermediate host
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game