Medical Definition of Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease
Note: Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease is a leukodystrophy with symptoms including involuntary eye movement, delayed development (as of motor skills and language), weak muscle tone, impaired coordination, and spasticity. It is inherited as an X-linked recessive trait requiring that both parents pass on a copy of the defective gene on the X chromosome.
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game