Medical Definition of Nipah virus
: a single-stranded RNA virus of the family Paramyxoviridae (species Nipah virus of the genus Henipavirus) that has caused epidemics of respiratory disease in pigs and an often fatal encephalitis in humans in Malaysia, Singapore, and Bangladesh
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?