Medical Definition of Mediterranean lymphoma
: immunoproliferative small intestinal disease Mediterranean lymphoma or alpha-chain disease is very rare in this country and is usually preceded by diarrhea and malabsorption, and contrast studies often show involvement of long segments of bowel with diffuse mucosal nodularity.— Peter B. Kelsey and Carolyn C. Compton, The New England Journal of Medicine, 29 Aug. 1991
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?