Medical Definition of Kveim test
: an intradermal test for sarcoidosis used especially formerly in which an antigen prepared from the lymph nodes or spleen of human sarcoidosis patients is injected intracutaneously and which is positive when an infiltrated area, papule, nodule, or superficial necrosis appears around the site of injection or a skin biopsy yields typical tubercles and giant cell formations upon histological examination
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?