medical Definition of H5N1
- Indonesians have hidden their birds when government agents have come to kill sick chickens and domestic ducks, common conduits of H5N1 to humans.
- —Delthia Ricks, Discover, December 2009
- The H5N1 strain raging across east Asia has a mutation that blocks the two antiviral drugs that are off-patent and cheap.
- —Debora MacKenzie, New Scientist, 28 Feb. 2004
- … public health authorities had focused on the threat of avian H5N1 influenza, and a signal feature among recognized cases of H5N1 influenza in humans was mortality exceeding 50%.
- —Harvey V. Fineberg, The New England Journal of Medicine, 3 Apr. 2014