Medical Definition of Enterobacter
: a genus of aerobic gram-negative bacteria of the family Enterobacteriaceae that produce acid and gas from many sugars (as dextrose and lactose), form acetoin, are widely distributed in nature (as in feces, soil, water, and the contents of human and animal intestines), and include some that may be pathogenic
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game