Medical Definition of Churg-Strauss syndrome
: a rare, progressive, inflammatory disease with variable symptoms usually beginning with asthma, allergic rhinitis, nasal polyps, and sinusitis followed by eosinophilia and eventually systemic inflammation of small- to medium-sized blood vessels, granulomatosis, and peripheral neuropathy
Note: While the lungs and skin are most often affected in Churg-Strauss syndrome, other parts of the body (such as the gastrointestinal tract and heart) may also be involved.
— called also allergic granulomatosis— see antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game