Medical Definition of Chlamydiaceae
: a family of bacteria (order Chlamydiales) that are related to members of the order Rickettsiales, that are obligate parasites in the cells of warm-blooded vertebrates, and that include the causative agents of trachoma, lymphogranuloma venereum, and psittacosis — see chlamydiosis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game