Medical Definition of Chlamydiaceae
: a family of bacteria (order Chlamydiales) that are related to members of the order Rickettsiales, that are obligate parasites in the cells of warm-blooded vertebrates, and that include the causative agents of trachoma, lymphogranuloma venereum, and psittacosis — see chlamydiosis
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game