Medical Definition of Brucellaceae
: a family of small gram-negative coccoid to rod-shaped bacteria of the order Eubacteriales that are obligate parasites chiefly of warm-blooded vertebrates and that include a number of serious pathogens — see brucella
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game