variants: or Behcet's syndrome also Behçet's disease or Behçet's syndrome
Medical Definition of Behcet's disease
: a rare disease of unknown cause that is marked by chronic inflammation of blood vessels with symptoms including ulcerative sores especially of the mouth and genitals, inflammation of the eye, and joint swelling and pain … has struggled with what was diagnosed as Behcet's disease, a form of vasculitis, which causes lesions, mouth blisters and joint pain.— Brad Townsend, The Dallas Morning News, 14 May 2012
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game